fot

TR8 help

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR8 help
From: "Ed Major" <ejmajor@stargate.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 07:06:31 -0500
A close friend of mine got the bug after a little track time up at the new
Beaver Run race course here in Western PA and is preparing a TR8 to get a
little more serious, if anyone could help him with sources I would be
grateful. Please respond directly to him or send to me. See below.

Ed Major
'58 TR3A & '68 TR250

I am interested in information and part sources for upgrade
modifications that can be done to a TR8.  Specifically, suspension and
brakes.  I intend to use the car for open track days and autocross but
need it to remain streetable.  I will be swapping in a narrowed Ford
rear with disc brakes.  I have seen several kits for upgrading the front
discs but am somewhat concerned about the strength of the hubs.  Any
information as to what has been done in this area as well as coil over
setups, sway bars, chassis bracing ect. would be greatly appreciated

Jim Underwood
underwood@dp.net