fot

Re: Non LBC but still car

To: MJSUKEY@cs.com
Subject: Re: Non LBC but still car
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 10:45:39 EST
In a message dated 11/9/02 9:09:48 AM Pacific Standard Time, MJSUKEY@cs.com
writes:

<< I am considering a new car purchase, this would be my daily driver.  I am
 down to two choices.  #1= Focus SVT.  #2= Mustang GT Coupe.  Any opinions
out
 there from current owners?  You can email me direct to mjsukey@cs.com since
 the list majority probably doesn't care about this thread but it is
important
 to me:) >>

Hi Marty,

I just went through this exercise this past spring.  My wife insisted on
getting a new car.  Most of my life, I spent rolling around on the asphalt
wrenching on old cars to cut cost.  Now that I am older, I graduated to
buying something new, and trying to maintain it forever.

The Mustang and Focus were the first cars that we looked at.  I know the
dealer fleet manager.  Then I joined Consumer's Report on line for a month
along with looking at Internet Blue Book data and other stuff.  An
unbelievable amount of data (bar charts, reports, etc.) is available.  The
reliability factors swung me to the Jap cars.  I am tired of fixing things
myself and hauling cars to a garage.  I would rather spend my free time on
the TR-3.

We ended up with a 2002 Mazda Protege LX.  My other daily driver is my
daughter's 1991 Mazda Protege DX.  I bought it from her when she went to
England in 1994.  It has over 119,000 miles on it and is still going strong.
Good luck, what ever you do.  If you get a Mazda, maybe you could race it IT
somewhere down the road, like our boy does.