fot

Yokohama Tires

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Yokohama Tires
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 13:33:42 -0600
FOT,
I just talked to a fellow at Trackside Performance, the motorsports contractor
for Yokohama and he told me that they will have a new A032R race spec tire
available early 2003, and there is a real possibility that the 195-60-15 and
205-60-15 size might be included. I also asked him about the possibility of
them bringing back the 195-60-15 008Rs tires if Yoke decided not to offer them
in the new tire. He asked me if I could provide some potential market
information for them to consider. AFAIK, the TR's, big Healeys, Porsches and
MGA's can run these is a lot of organisations. You would think that Woodman
and others would jump at the chance to sell these tires if they were available
to them.

I'm guessing 30 to 40 Triumphs ran these tires around the country, maybe as
many Healey, MGA's and Porsches. If 150 guys ordered 4 tires, that would mean
an first year sale of 600 tires, making a run of 1000 tires a reasonable
prediction of feasibility. I'm going to wait a few days to answer his question
so any comments would be appreciated.

Bob