fot

INTERNATIONAL TRIUMPH CHALLENGE: was Cranks

To: <BillDentin@aol.com>
Subject: INTERNATIONAL TRIUMPH CHALLENGE: was Cranks
From: "Russ Moore" <rem@cbord.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:53:03 -0500
Bill and company;
We will be having more information of the border crossing concern. I have
gone up north to Mosport for the past 5 years and have had no problem what
so ever. They do ask for a picture ID, what you were doing in Canada and
what is in the trailer. They have never, that includes this year, looked in
the motorhome of in the trailer. I was actually quite surprised at the ease.
I do plan on having a form folks can carry when they cross the border that
has all the particulars on it. Likewise, Canadians that came down for the
Watkins Glen event had no problems.

Yes, Bill, SVRA at one time had some ideas on being involved in the
"Festival" but that is no longer the case. For whatever the reasons, SVRA
has no role in the VARAC weekend at Mosport. They may have a weekend next
year..... One of the conditions of us putting this event together was the
entry fee, the amount of seat time (lots) and the ability to include those
cars which didn't meet the SVRA regs. (Mind you, I don't think there was a
single car from GB that would have passed the requirements, but who's
counting.) I want to emphasize, the International Triumph Challenge is a
racing event, designed for racers, by racers. This will, as a result, also
be a huge spectator event. We already have the WPTA bringing up their
hospitality tent, an involvement by the Toronto Triumph Club (400+ members)
and an active group from the Montreal Triumph group planning. Henry is
working on a press release that will be going to media groups on both sides
of the pond.

This is going to be a huge success from the interest we have seen already.
Hospitality in Canada is beyond compare. Both VARAC and Mosport have really
set out the welcome mat for us. These groups, realizing many of the Triumph
folks have never run Mosport before have now added a fouth day for practice.

This is going to be great!

Russ Moore