fot

MN VW in 1964 Shell 4000 Rally

To: <N197TR4@cs.com>
Subject: MN VW in 1964 Shell 4000 Rally
From: "elliottd" <elliottd@look.ca>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 12:22:10 -0500
Yes, they were in the 1964 Shell rally, the same year I was.

Car #143, A VW driven by H. Peters and D. Andrews of Minnesota finished in
Montreal with 1359 points in 42nd place.  If they went off, it was in Section
2 between Calgary and Saskatoon where they picked up 954 points. They missed
12 time controls and the speed section but made it to the end of Section 2
where they picked up an additional 100 minutes early.

The PAL copies my video of the Mid-Ohio event are available from Mike Hughes,
the Competition Chairman of the TR Register.  Contact Mike for details:-
michael.hughes@talk21.com

BTW, Mike is having a get-together with all the UK drivers who were at
Mid-Ohio on November 25th.

Let me know more about the dates, etc for England.  My daughter who lives in
London is planning to move and we will be over sometime to visit her in her
new flat.  Maybe we can do both on the same trip.

Don Elliott, 1958 TR3A, Montreal