fot

Re: Blatant : FOT Updating the Competition Manuals

To: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Blatant : FOT Updating the Competition Manuals
From: "Bill Sohl" <billsohl@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 19:28:30 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>
To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2002 1:25 PM

> Kas wrote: "Gee this sounds like I should write another book!!"
>
> And Cary wrote: "perhaps we need to think about updating
> the competition manuals".
>
> This seems like a good idea.
> The copyright problems in the present distribution of the original
> Competition Preparation Manuals are enough to make me cringe.

Since the manuals have been reproduced for many years without any
problems, I don't think there's any issue there at all.  Additionally,
copyrights don't cover the factual data...but rather they cover the
written form, style, etc.  Since much or most of the text would be
rewritten in any update, the copyright concern goes away.

> I'd sure as heck purchase an updated CompPrepManual from
> Kas and it would be nice to see him actually get the money for it.

It works for me.
Cheers,
Bill Sohl