fot

Re: Fuel Economy

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Economy
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 09:58:37 -0500 (EST)
Hi Group,

The discussion of fuel costs at Mosport got the ol' gears turnin'...

This is a question for TR6 road racers only, although I'll welcome input
from others...

I have an 8 gallon fuel cell in my autocrosser. I had exactly one chance
to figure out my fuel mileage and it turns out that I was getting about
three miles per gallon (I burned exactly 7 pounds of fuel over three
one-minute runs that were almost exactly one mile in length.)

Granted - I ran all that distance in 2nd/3rd and WOT, but if I were to try
to get my car ready for an event like Mosport - at 3 MPG 8 gallons would
not take my around the track too may times before I'd need to "top off".

So - what kind of mileage do you guys see under racing conditions? Please
give me an indication of your tire size and final drive gearing. Thanks.

regards,
rml
p.s. yes, I know that 4th o/d is needed for the Andretti straight.
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |