fot

RE: Still Racing

To: "'Dean Tetterton'" <richtr@erols.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Still Racing
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 11:26:03 -0800
Out here in the upper left coast we're having spring. Not only do we not
have snow, we don't even have rain--I drove my 355 with the top down to
work. Nice.

I've got to yank the transmission out of Peyote and see what went wrong--I
expect to see a grenaded clutch. I've also got to fix the divot in the
side of the Radical--the guy in second wanted to be the guy in first and
did a NASCAR move on me in turn 12 at the last race at PIR. If I could
have caught him in time I would have done something petty (or maybe
Petty), so I'm glad I didn't. I've got this nice, new dog box from
Cambridge Motorsports to put into Peyote. I hope it works as well as it
should. I'm getting tired of transmission failures. Has anyone tried these
yet?

I need to stop watching television at night and get down to the shop. A
word to the wise. Don't get Tivo. It transforms television into a real
entertaining medium. The last thing any motorsports enthusiast
needs--unless you use it only to extract the little bit of remaining good
from Speed Channel.