fot

Re: Heralds on track!

To: <Gt6steve@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Heralds on track!
From: "Fred Hodgson" <STLNYC@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 20:06:07 -0700
Steve, et al
    What's to tell?  It was a '65 sedan with an 1147 opened up to
1296,original (aka tired) Herald non-OD tranny, and original 4.10 rear end.
The car was lowered all around with Spit comp coils in front, a de-arched
swing spring in the rear &  Konis all around.  It had 1 & 1/8" ground
clearance at the front cross member.  I put Spit discs in the front  and
switched to a Spit dual master.  I ran TR-7 rims with 185/60-13
Bridgestones.  It  would turn 8,000 rpm and was putting down a massive 39
horse at the rear wheels.  With all the sails out, it topped out
(mathematicly) at 104 mph.  I ran C sedan so I got my butt whipped by a
couple of the Mini's.  Bricks have better aerodynamics than a cinder block!
The car was a blast to drive.  You could put it anywhere you wanted to and
get away with it.
                                                    Fred Hodgson