fot

Re: Quaife and spinning

To: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Subject: Re: Quaife and spinning
From: Joe Curry <Spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:29:45 -0700
For the benefit of everyone, I am copying this to the list.  Those to
whom I have sent private replies can "talk among yourselves".

First, let me explain that because the Quaife is Torque biasing, it
requires that the wheel that is experiencing loss of traction still have
some sort of torque applied.  This will be true if the tire is spinning
on pavement but if you break an axle or lift a wheel entirely off the
ground, all torque on that side goes to zero.  The way the Quaife is
designed. it allows all the power to go to that side.  But if there is
some reduced amount of torque, the power is shifted to the side with the
higher grip.

Check with Quaife, I am sure they can explain this far better than I
can!

Cheers,
Joe

P.S. See: http://www.quaifeusa.com/  and click on "ATB Differentials".