fot

Report on Phantom Grip Limited Slip device.

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Report on Phantom Grip Limited Slip device.
From: Joe Curry <Spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 15:32:44 -0700
As promised, I am writing to report the results of today's event where I
tested the new Phantom Grip That I recently installed.  Here's the
scoop:

1. Pushing and driving around the pits was very easy since the thing
unlocks to allow the wheels to differentiate during a tight turn.
Definitely much better than a welded diff.

2. I had someone watch the wheel spin when I launched and I was told
that the right wheel spun  (slipped) more than the left but both were
spinning and trying to grip.

3. Results:  I finished with the second fastest time of the day by only
a tenth of a second.  I am thinking that If I had bigger cahones, I
would have set FTD.  But that will come with getting more familiar with
the limits of the car, which seems to have become very predictable and
handles extremely well lately.

In summary, Until something breaks, I am concluding that the $300
expenditure is not a bed investment.  Since I got mine for $150, it was
well worth that!   Thanks Steve!!!  :)

Regards,
Joe (C)