fot

GT6 ring and pinion interchange?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 ring and pinion interchange?
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:56:55 -0600
Do Spitfire/GT6 ring and pinions have to remain in matched pairs?

Are the 9 teeth on a 4.11 pinion the same as the 9 teeth on a 3.89 pinion?

I've got a Spitfire 4.11 (37 tooth ring, 9 tooth pinion) with weak input
and output splines. I've also got a GT6 3.89 (35 tooth ring, 9 tooth
pinion) which has the stronger splines.  I'd like to swap the 37 tooth ring
into the GT6 pumpkin. This is for our $2003 Challenge car so it only has to
survive a few 1/4 mile and autocross runs.

Thanks!

--
Erik Quackenbush, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566  http://www.midwestfilter.com