fot

Any FOT "Manufacturers" of "Spats" for Triumph Rally TR7V8 ?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Any FOT "Manufacturers" of "Spats" for Triumph Rally TR7V8 ?
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 17:40:47 EST
       I am hoping that are UK members maybe of help here and that I am using
the proper English terms for the parts that I need.

       I am using the term "spat'" for the white fiberglass/plastic
extensions (what we in the US call "flares") that were placed on the wheel
arches of the Triumph Works rally cars to cover various size tires. I am
specifically looking for large ones for both the front and rear "wings."
These are shown on pages 358, 360, 362 and 363 of Bill Price's book.

       The large ones on page 362 look to be about the size that I am looking
for the TR7V8 rally car for Tarmac applications. However, I am interested in
various sizes. The car currently has a set of rear wing spats' while the
front wing spats were damaged and unrepairable. The rear wing spats have seen
better days.

Happy New Year, Cary