fot

Re: Spit Axels

To: Quinlake <quinlake@netnitco.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spit Axels
From: matt matthews <mattspit@att.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 08:29:28 -0500
As of about 3 years ago Steve and Dieter were running a zero-roll FV rear
axle set up.
Steve converted from U joints to CV joints, as a result the axle lengths are
no longer fixed but it is still a swing axle. This entails new locating
hardware. The variable length axle lets him set the roll center at somewhere
other than the differential. This is similar or the same as the old unfair
advantage suspension that was constructed in Texas some years ago.

I would like more details myself.

Sargus will probably come down to the Double nationals at Texas World in Mid
Feb. He has been there the last several years. I hope to have my new car
sorted and ready to try for 2nd or 3rd.

Matt