fot

roll bar "so the roll bar designs keep swimming through my

To: "Justin" <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Subject: roll bar "so the roll bar designs keep swimming through my
From: "rgk" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 18:26:50 -0600
Hey Justin,
I finally got to the FOT Archives and read your email about a TR4A roll bar
design using the rear crossmember. What do you think of my idea of using the
space between the trailing arm mounts to place a mounting perch for the rear
hoop? I'm thinking of using 2 trailing arm brackets with a thick plate welded
to the top to take 4 mounting bolts and using oversize bolts and a back-up
plate to secure the mount to the rear extensions.
Just looking for an opinion, mostly about the safety factors like the shear
factor on the 2 sideways bolts.
TIA
Bob Kramer
rgk@flash.net