fot

West Coast Event

To: N197TR4@cs.com
Subject: West Coast Event
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 09:26:51 EST
       There is already a very good ANNUAL event on the West Coast for
Triumphs. It is a VARA race that has been historically held at Buttonwillow
Race Track. It already has the sponsorship of Moss. It also has good
participation by the local Triumph owners and FOT members. World famous
Triumph celebrities like Kas Kastner are seen in the paddock. If we are going
to make a "national" west coast event, let give the support to those who have
been supporting us...VARA and MOSS.

       A drawback to Buttonwillow is that it is rather sparse on motel
accommodations. VARA already has events at Las Vegas and Willow Springs, so
it is probably possible to negotiate a track location with more rooms
available. Las Vegas has a lot to offer, but Willow Springs would be my own
preference simply because it is closer to Los Angeles/San Diego to facilitate
ongoing Triumph club participation. It is even close enough to have a
"cannonball run" to Bobby's Colosia's nightclub for the "blues."

Cary

Cary