fot

Re: Who Are We?

To: <BillDentin@aol.com>, <BlueShadow@starband.net>
Subject: Re: Who Are We?
From: "michael cook" <mlcooknj@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:34:32 -0500
One of the oldest sports car organizations in North America is the Madison
Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Club. Formed back in the 1950s, it meets
once a month at Sardi's Restaurant in Manhattan to eat, drink, listen to a
speaker and do nothing but have a good time. Known simply as "The Chowder
Club" it's an FOT kind of club which I have belonged to for 40 years. Members
are known as Chowderheads.

Supposedly the names is reminiscent of the Little Men's, Gnomes and Elves
Chowder and Marching Society of Dublin.

FYI, Sardi's makes lousy chowder but we only have to eat it once a year on the
anniversary.

That's as much useless info as I have on a Friday.

Mike Cook