fot

Re: Lever Shocks

To: cartravel@pobox.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lever Shocks
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 23:38:16 EST
In a message dated 1/15/03 7:22:32 AM Pacific Standard Time,
cartravel@pobox.com writes:

<< My TR3 is getting killed by point deductions at CVAR.  I want to replace
 the rear tube shocks with lever shocks.  Will late TR4, TR250, TR6
 shocks work on a TR3?  What is the secret elixir to put inside?  Are the
 MGB competition shock valves worth using?

In the olden days, TR-3 racers would replace the stock lever shocks with the
orange painted competition lever shocks, and fill them with 50 weight Castrol
vegetable racing oil.  You did not want to use mineral oil because it would
attack the seals.

It always appeared to me that the TR-4 lever shocks and TR-3 lever shocks
were interchangeable.