fot

RE: GT 6 Racing History

To: <Herald948@aol.com>, <CharlesTurveyRE@msn.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: GT 6 Racing History
From: "Russ Moore" <rem@cbord.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 11:05:41 -0500
I can only speak for those organizations I am familiar with and it is always
best to confirm with whatever sanctioning body you expect to run with in
your area. There are differences between them.
In terms of SVRA, it is likely you would be allowed to run the car, yet you
might, as a result of the triple Webers be moved up a class from the GT-6s
with the twin Stromberg or SU's. The wheels are likely not an issue as long
as the tires you use on them are approved. It is my anticipation this car
would likely have no problem in running with HSR at some of their events. I
would be glad to review any particulars of the car with you if you are
looking at SVRA as a viable venue. I have been a Tech inspector with them
for 6 years. Glad to assist.

Please do check out the www.fot-racing.com site for information on the
International Triumph Challenge being held at Mosport this June. Your car
would be welcomed as long as the safety equipment was up to date and you had
some credentials from any of the VMC recognized organizations.

Best regards and good luck with your racing quest.

Russ Moore
Spitfire #49