fot

GARNER

To: "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: GARNER
From: "riverside" <riverside@Cedar-Rapids.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:01:09 -0800
I have vivid memories of seeing this film.  My racing"career"
was on hold while I spent some time in funny green clothes
racing duece and a halfs around the garden spot of Louisiana,
Ft. Polk.  Several of my car nut budies and I saw the thing
about ten times in one of the post mini theaters.  The St.
Jovite laps were fabulous, but thanks for correcting my faulty
memory; I thought Scooter Patrick was the driver in that
sequence. I would love to be able to buy a tape or CD
of that movie.  One of my fellow movie goers was a Singer
enthusiast from Ohio (damn can't remember his name)
who had a Healey 3000 on post.  I had a '62 Stude Hawk and
when we left the movie after our first viewing, we were very
inspired.  Picture the two cars, loaded to the gunwales with
young inibriants, driving at 9 tenths on the smooth, paved
back roads of the post.   Your tax dollars at work!
art de armond