fot

EGT

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: EGT
From: "MARK J WEATHERS" <markjwea@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 18:53:02 -0700
Amigos.

Greetings from sunny Phoenix where it is over 80 degrees today. Speaking of
temperature, on my last rebuild I installed temperature sensors in each branch
of my header close to the head for purposes of collecting data on EGT. With
this accomplished, I realized I have no idea how to optimize mixture based on
EGT. I have heard higher is better but certainly a lean running engine is
going to produce a pretty hot exhaust stream. Can anybody point me in the
right direction? I had an O2 sensor and mixture gage hooked up to the
collector but I never got any readings that made sense relative to plug
appearance. I think it may have been too cool that far down the exhaust to
work.

Thanks
TR6 Mark