fot

Re: TRF/VTR events update

To: John Wiseman <wiseman@titan.com>
Subject: Re: TRF/VTR events update
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 11:32:51 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, John Wiseman wrote:

> Any updates on the events themselves ?

None that I am aware of.

> Still planning on a Beaverun
> event

Yes. TRF is "sponsoring" the rental of either the .8 mile kart track (26
feet wide) or the large autocross pavement for an autocross on Thursday,
7-Aug-2003. Right now, that event will likely be a "school" with lots of
seat time (owing to a number of factors such as distance from TRF and
possibly conflicting events and some other stuff), but we are open to
suggestion. Contact me or TRF for more info on this.

> and
> whats up with the hillclimb ?

As of about two weeks ago, TRF was still trying to figure out how to
appease insurance companies to get a policy and then approach the
requisite folks to get a road made available to the event. While the
"hillclimb" could happen, it's not guaranteed.

Frankly, I would like TRF to decide fairly soon on the fate of the
hillclimb so that they might adequately promote the offering at BeaveRun.
On the other hand, a hillclimb would be "way kool".

> Anyone have any addition info ?

That's all I have. If you need details (or if you want to lobby for
BeaveRun!!), then I strongly suggest that you contact TRF either by 'phone
or snail mail and offer your thoughts on the matter. Talk to Dave H., John
Swauger or Charles.

BUT - in addition to whatever happens on Thursday, there will also be an
autocross on Sat. (and for the totally incurables there's Friday night at
the Drags!). So, there'll be plenty of opportunity to take your Triumph
(or Lotus in  your case) for a "spin".

That said - VTR Autocross Advisory Board (AAB) folks should probably
figure out how to get the VTR class thing working with TRF so that we can
align awards appropriately. Dave H. says "we'll do whatever you guys
want/need". We need to let him know what we want (if anything). I will say
up front that the classing should include Triumph only classes for awards
purposes, but that's up to VTR AAB

> thanks
> John

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |