fot

Re: 300 plus horsepower in a TR?

To: dave@microworks.net
Subject: Re: 300 plus horsepower in a TR?
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 09:57:39 EST
In a message dated 02/05/2003 5:50:26 PM Central Standard Time,
dave@microworks.net writes:

> My Brother-in-law who lives in Simi Valley and works down in LA (he does
> computer simulation/animation on shows like Frasier, etc... he also worked
> on a few Seinfeld episodes when it was on (for example remember when
> Kramer's head was on a Turkey? It is amazing how much computer
> simulation/animation is on those shows!) converted his TR-7 Coupe to a fuel
>
> injected Rover 4.8 liter V8 last year and he passed inspection.
>
> He did the install himself and it looks fantastic.

I do not know if they are still in business, but years ago there was an
outfit in Garland, Texas called JOHN'S CARS who specialized in converting TR7
to V6s.  They would do it for you, or sell you a kit.  I came close to buying
a finished car from them, but never finished the deal.  I was spending too
much money vintage racing.

They also converted Jag XJ6s to Corvette V8s, and so on.

Bill Dentinger