fot

CVAR at Texas World

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: CVAR at Texas World
From: Susan Kahler <spitfiresuz@141.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 10:37:50 -0600
Hi all!

I just wanted to chime in with my two cents about the CVAR event.  Poor
Brad had to take his first driver school day (Friday) in the rain -- at
times a SeaDoo would have been a better vehicle for the track than the
Spit!  It was the best thing that could have happened, however, since
the students gained a healthy respect for the track, their cars, and
those around them.  He did very well, but was a lot happier when
Saturday and Sunday were sunny and warmer!

I was not feeling well enough to race, but found that hanging out
trackside in the new RV with drinks, snacks and a good book was a great
place to cheer Brad on!

He did great all weekend long -- he got used to the car and to the
track, and he even passed a Corvette!  His instructor signed off on his
school form by saying, "Good judgement.  May run with his group any
time."  Way to go, Brad!  Now get your car done so I can have mine back!  ;)

The highlight of the event was seeing Larry's demeanor after taking
first in his whole group!  It is such a good feeling when you finally
get your car sorted out and competitive.  He has been through a lot of
trials, but the 3 ran strong and well all weekend.  That was one happy
camper!

You have heard about Bob Kramer and John Price's trials, so I won't
reiterate them.  Bob looked good out there with his new group, but it
was really wierd to see him running toward the back of the pack when he
was a front-runner in his old group.  I guess that's what happens when
you get moved up.  And John and Ed Barnard had to pull Kermit the TVR
out from his garage space backward on a floor jack due to the overdrive
locking on.  A well-placed whack with a hammer and it was sorted out.
 Dan Duryea flew in to help his buddy with the La Dawri, but something
happened to the car and they left early.  I heard that the back end came
around while under power going in a straight line down the straight, and
from then on the car was up in the air in the garage and then trailered.

It was a pleasure to meet Jim McA and spend some time with him in the
box suites watching Brad and then Larry race.  We're looking forward to
your getting your car ready and on the track!  It is really beautiful!

I will post a link to a page of pictures and movies from the event soon.

Have a great day!  We're snowed in here in Dallas -- not your usual
occurence!  So I am enjoying the white landscape and telecommuting to work.

Keep Triumphing,
Susan      :)
#42 FP Spitfire Tristan