fot

New to the list

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: New to the list
From: James Mcandrew <mcandrew@pol.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 10:31:59 -0500 (EST)
Hi Friends

Im new to the list and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jim
McAndrew, I live in Tyler, Texas. I met Larry Young, Bob Kramer and
Brad Kahler at the Corinthian Vintage Auto Racing race two weeks
ago.  What a blast!  I was hoping to have my car read for that event
but the headers had not returned from Jet Hot.  I hope to have it
ready for the April 4-6 CVAR School/Race. Enough about me, what
about my car.

My car is a 1957 TR3.  It is the Daytona winning car that Tim
Suddard found and wrote about in Grassroots Motorsports.  The 5-year
restoration was finished last summer and I took the car to the VTR
Nationals in Minnesota (For those of you how were there, it was the
maroon car with #43 on the sides) and to the Autorama in Houston.
The car was restored as much as possible to the way it ran, and won
its class, in the 1964 Daytona Continental. It still has a 25
gallon fuel tank for the endurance race (although now converted to a
fuel cell).  The cars show life is over and it is now time to race
it.  The car will still be tagged and registered for the street.
Its former driver, Dana Kelder, used to drive it to and from the
race track.

In only two weeks I found this board to be a wealth of information.
Tyler, TX is not the mecca of sports cars, so being part of FoT will
really help me keep my car running and racing.  Ive already learned
more about suspension set up and cooling problems (yes, my
car tends to run hot) than Ive known in 20 year of Triumph
ownership.

Thanks for including me.  See you at the races.

Jim McAndrew
1957 TR3
Tyler, Texas