fot

Re: TR3 Brake Pads and Calipers - Survey Results

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Brake Pads and Calipers - Survey Results
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 09:10:55 -0600
Calipers:
 Everyone except Bill Dentinger and I are running later calipers.  They are
easy to convert (change the mounting bracket and caliper), lighter, parts
are cheaper and readily available.
Brake Pads:
 There were a mixture of responses.  Carbotech Panther Plus was highly
recommended.  Hawk blue pads were recommended by one person and recommended
against by another.  At Carbotech they told me Hawk blue is too aggressive
for road racing Triumphs, Hawk black is better and similar to Panther
Plus.  They had one set of pads for early Triumph in Hawk black, but they
don't have them anymore.  The Carbotech people were very friendly and
helpful, and the owner is a friend of Mike Jackson's.  I'll be doing
business with them in the future.

Thanks for all the help on this topic,
Larry Young