fot

RE: BJ's

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: BJ's
From: "Susan and Jack Brooks" <tr3a@att.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 20:11:08 -0800
Nick,

I found all the details.  It was the series III, not the II.  They are as
follows:

Use the late TR4-TR6 upper arms, with a Jaguar Series III ball joint to provide
adjustable caster & camber.  You must use with the late TR4 trunnion that has 3
degrees of caster built in to it.

Again, I have no personal experience with this arrangement.

Please let me know if anyone confirms this arrangement, off list.

Thanks,

Jack

***************

Nick,

I believe what you are looking for is the Jaguar Series II upper ball joint.

The setup I am aware of is for providing adjustable caster to a TR3.  This
involved the use of TR4 upper arms (so it'll work for a TR4 also) and a Jaguar
Series II upper ball joint.  The joint is narrower than the TR ball and needed
to be shimmed front or back to move the pivot point accordingly.

I don't recall where I became aware of this combination of parts, but since I
have not yet executed it myself, so you may be well advised to wait for a
confirmation from the list, before buying the ball joints.  Sorry I couldn't be
more definitive, but until I do it myself, it's hear-say.

Can anyone confirm the Jaguar Series II upper ball joint is what Nick is looking
for?

Later,

Jack Brooks