fot

RE: TR6 brake pads/lines

To: "'Allen Washatko'" <awashatko@wi.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: TR6 brake pads/lines
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:32:54 -0800
Hawk and Performance Friction--Porterfield sells both, along with their
own carbon/Kevlar pads

Drilled rotors look pretty. All of the brake companies say that's about
all they do. They also make that neat whirring sound.

I make my own lines (brake, oil, fuel, etc.) from bits. You can get the
pieces from Earl's, Airquip, any of the larger race shops. Easy to make,
and if the hose gets chafed (shame on you) you can re-use the ends. The
prebuilt swaged ones are junk if they get damaged. The Moss and other
lines tend to be kind of junky too. I got an oil cooler kit long ago that
included some armored oil lines that used flared vs. AN fittings. The
hoses felt flimsy. When they chafed (shame on me) I cut them up and found
regular rubber oil lines with a separate steel jacket.