fot

RE: DIDJA GET DA STUFF?

To: "'kas kastner'" <kaskas@cox.net>
Subject: RE: DIDJA GET DA STUFF?
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 15:31:27 -0800
I'm working on it. I'm taking some pictures while I do Peyote's bump steer
measurements. The first set didn't come out very well, but not hideous.
It's an interesting rig--a laser on a stand about four feet from the brake
disk bounces a beam off a mirror connected to the disk by a magnetic base
in the 9 or 3 o'clock position. You put a piece of graph paper on a board
about six feet away and mark the dot location for each half inch of travel
as you jack the suspension up. I pulled the spring, shock and disconnected
the roll bar to keep the car steadier. The back and forth movement is
bump, the vertical is camber gain. They include a chart in the kit, but I
did my own calculations as well to convert to degrees. The results are
ugly.

As I recall there is somebody in the FOT that's collecting pictures to put
on the website. My reptile brain tells me it's Mordy, but I don't trust
much that comes out of that lobe. Anyone who'd like to see a picture of
Peyote with a multi-million dollar birdcage maserati (paid for in part by
your Wal-Mart purchases) tucked in its armpit in the corkscrew (the same
Birdcage that spun right in front of me two laps later (yes, he finally
got by)) and a neat generational shot of Peyote and a Peerless Ambro at
the same place, just send me your direct email address.