fot

Oil galleys and Accusumps

To: "'fot@autox.team.net '" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil galleys and Accusumps
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 10:20:03 -0800
I'm replumbing my accusump and considering direct connection to one of the
oil gallery cleanout plugs. Only problem is that on the block I'm using
now they are very small and angled instead of the large diameter straight
in plugs on my other block. I guess they did it several different
ways--the plugs I'm talking about are where the gallery is drilled to feed
the main bearings. Gas anyone tried connecting an accusump to these little
holes--do you get enough volume to fill the accusump? I wonder if the flow
will be enough to do some good.