fot

Re: Friends?

To: Spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re: Friends?
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:13:16 EDT
In a message dated 04/23/2003 9:05:01 AM Central Daylight Time,
Spitlist@gte.net writes:

> Actually Norton AV caught it.  That is what troubles me.  If it was
> recognized by Norton as having a virus (worm) how did it get passed by
> the list server?

Joe:

I'm no expert, but I am pretty sure the nasty part of any E-mail virus is the
Attachment file.  I don't think the E-mail message itself will hurt you.
Only the attachment does, when you open and release it.  Our webmaster does
not allow ANY attachments to FOT E-mail.  He strips them.  So what gets
through is just the empty gun...no bullet.

At least that's the way I understand it.

Bill Dentinger