fot

Spitfire 1296 specification

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire 1296 specification
From: Joe Curry <Spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:57:13 -0700
Does anyone know what a stock 1296 engine has in the way of clearance
between the piston at TDC and the surface of the deck?  I ask because I
am converting my race engine that I took out of Tiny Tim for street use
and am reducing the compression ratio so that it will run pump gas.  The
deck has been shaved so that the piston is flush with the top of the
deck and I need to calculate how much was taken off so that I will know
how to cc the head to achieve about 9.5:1 compression ratio.

Regards,
Joe (C)