fot

Re: ignition

To: <cj123@ofir.dk>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ignition
From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 09:28:19 +1200
The basic problem is you probably need less advance than the distributor is
providing due to the higher compression. If you can't set it up to give an
acceptable drive on the road then it may need some expert fiddling with. If
retarding the timing to get rid of the pinking means the static timing is
too retarded and the engine is poor at low speeds then it is time to do some
more thinking.
John Kipping