fot

RE: Oil - what kind? Royal Purple

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Oil - what kind? Royal Purple
From: "John Wilkins" <john@race-dogs.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 17:04:52 -0700
The article was about Synthetic Royal Purple Oil. I have used it know for 2
years in my Spit. I pull my engine apart way too much just because it is
British and I hate oil leaks, but that is a whole other subject. I swear bye
the stuff and have seen rod bearing changes pretty much go away. I also
invested in a Oberg filter and now it is just a matter of cleaning a screen for
a inspection and add another quart. I change oil every 3 race hrs (even though
it looks good). They are also one of the few companies that actually state on
their website you can extend your oil changes up to 12,000 miles with just
filter changes as needed. I use 20/50 for the engine, 85/95 for the Trans and
rear end that has a Detroit locker. No faliures in 2 years and everything looks
new. Sorry if I sound like a ad but this stuff is great. They also have a race
version avaliable.  My 2cents worth!!

John Wilkins
EP Spitfire #892