fot

Re: Fuel starvation problem

To: "Ron Cressey" <rbcrestoration@netzero.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel starvation problem
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 01:09:57 -0500
I have three of those glass-type fuel filters on my Spitfire. Never had a
flow problem with any of them.

And I'm not racing vintage, but G Prod. 13:1 motor. And I wind it to
8000-8500. Geez, 5000 is damn near idling! I've no problem with starvation,
but then, the engine likes a lean setting.

I have one short filter (1 inch) on each fuel pump (of 2), on each pickup
between the cell and the pump. Then I have a 2-incher up front just before
the regulator. Also, the two Holley Red pumps have a little filter screen in
them also.

Not saying a filter could not be the problem, but flow above 5000 rpm (which
is below redline for a STOCK engine!) hardly seems a likely suspect. What's
the regulator setting?

--Rocky