fot

Re: hub removal TR3A-6

To: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: hub removal TR3A-6
From: "Gerald Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 06:57:01 -0400
John and FOT, Years ago when I worked for the Navy Nuclear Program I was
trained in various Non-Destructive Testing methods and Penetrant Testing was
one of them. It is true that improper cleaning will mask a small crack and
therefore invalidate the test. He was not pulling your leg.
It should also be noted that Mag Particle testing can only be done on
materials that can be magnetized. Since aluminum can not be magnetized it
won't work and Penetrant Testing is your only economical choice.
Jerry Van Vlack