fot

RE: Amphicar re-surfaces!

To: <JFrymark@aol.com>, <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Amphicar re-surfaces!
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 18:29:06 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-fot@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-fot@autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of JFrymark@aol.com
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 6:17 PM
To: greenman62@hotmail.com
Cc: fot@autox.team.net

>>This only serves to prove the old adage about Amphicars:  They make
lousy
>>boats, too.

  >They stink on ice as submarines too...

This all reminds me of the satire of the old VW Bug print ad..."If Ted
Kennedy had been driving a VW, he'd be President today!"...

Makes you wonder how many Amphicars made it to the scrap heap versus the
lake
bottom!

John Frymark
VARA EP #67 TR4A

John,
For what it's worth, LBJ has an Amphicar and used to take visiting
dignitaries for rides into the Pedernales River on the LBJ Ranch.  Of
course he didn't bother to tell them that the car floats until he was
already in the river.

Joe