fot

Re: Carb help

To: MJSUKEY@cs.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb help
From: "Aaron Johnson" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:28:17 -0700
Marty,

I have performed this modification with HS8's on my TR6.  The max fuel
pressure I could successfully run was 3.5 psi, but it seemed to run better
around 3 psi.  Any more than 3.5 and the typical problem of fuel escaping
from the vents in the lids of bowls was a problem.  I ran without the
breather lines connected and I used vacuum line plugs to cover them.  You do
not want to leave them open as they are direct route to the air stream and
will make tuning a real problem.  I also found that after the conversion the
car ran best with no dashpot oil, but this seems to be the case with SU's on
performance engines in general.

Which manifold are you modifying to use the H8's.  I have bored out both
styles (the early and the late) and found it works much better with the late
style as you WILL break into the water jacket on the early style.

I hope that information helps.

Aaron Johnson
Albany, OR
#38 F-Prod Spit MkIV Oregon Region SCCA