fot

Limited-Slip Diff questions

To: <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Limited-Slip Diff questions
From: "Coffey, Jack" <CoffeyJack@bfusa.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:21:06 -0500
Just installed a plate type, LSD - 4.1 fully rebuilt diff in my street
TR250 (just testing - will install in TR250 racer eventually)....I have
seen other comments that they run hot. Boy do they run HOT - after a
25-30 minute drive you would burn your hand on casing.  I am running the
TR6 diff cover for added lube capacity.

Questions:

Synthetic vrs. Mineral base lube ??  (I have synthetic gear lube in
there now)

Limited slip additives - yes/no ??

Will diff run cooler after some "break-in" period ??

Should I add a finned cover with additional capacity ....or run pump &
oil cooler ... or both ??

Any comments ?

Thanks - Jack Coffey