fot

RE: Spitfire oil filter adapter, anyone?

To: "'Rocky Entriken'" <rocky@tri.net>, Jim Gambony <britbits@tiu.net>,
Subject: RE: Spitfire oil filter adapter, anyone?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 09:37:54 -0700
Rocky:

I was a bit sad to see Moss did not make your Triumph speak list,
considering:

The Domestic Purchaser drives a TR6 everyday.
Catalog Development guy daily drove a TR3, till he took it off the road to
restore.  His TR4 is too tatty to drive, at the moment, but we have hope.
The 3 TR3 frames and piles of components we believe to be beyond hope based
on his track record.
Purchasing Buyer drives an Early Spitfire many days.
One Retail sales rep daily drives a TR3, another daily drives a TR4A.

Me, I've dismantled more TRs than I want to admit to, drove a Rover SD1 to
work (which is sorta, kinda, but not really a Triumph). I've got a TR4A
engine sitting in my shed that I need to rebuild for my basket case Morgan
+4, and a TR8 drivetrain in storage waiting for a refresh.

sorry folks, not making Rocky's Triumph speak list got me a tad touchy.

Jim:

  I've not run into a 3/4 inch adapter.  Moss does carry the original male
to male adapter and two brands of oil filter.  I can see that you might get
cheaper filters from the local auto parts store, but usually you get what
you pay for.  Personally I'd stick to the Crossland original type filter and
throw a couple of extras on the shelf.

Kelvin Dodd