fot

Re: GT6 backing plates

To: "Aaron Johnson" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>, "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GT6 backing plates
From: "Aaron Johnson" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 02:40:37 -0700
sorry...forgot to mention

The car is a MkIV Spitfire.

Aaron Johnson
#38 F-Prod Spit MkIV Oregon Region SCCA
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Aaron Johnson
  To: fot
  Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 1:25 AM
  Subject: GT6 backing plates

  Okay...

  So now I'm even more confused at this whole deal. I got a '73 parts car gt6
  and the plates off it won't work because they don't have the manual
adjusters
  they used some funky weird automatic adjuster on the wheel cylinder. I just
  bought a parts car spitfire that came with GT6 stuff all around, but it was
  rotoflex. I got everything apart tonight, including the spitfire axles and
the
  backing plates off the rotoflex do not fit either. the bolt circle is too
  large and there isn't enough material on the inside to re-drill the hole
  pattern, the portion where they locate over the hub on the rotoflex is too
  large.

  So is there a year that will bolt up or am I just imagining this whole
thing.

  also available for sale is the rotoflex rear suspension stuff, everything
  except the backing plates which I am trying to make work and various stock
  spitfire bits from the parts car.  The tub and frame would make an
excellent
  race car.  No rust or accident damage.

  aaron