fot

Re: diff

To: <cj123@ofir.dk>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: diff
From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:35:16 +1200
For racing you must fit a big type diff (ie Spit IV etc), for tarmac a
Quaiffe is OK and totally indestructable. You'll have to work out which is
the best ratio for you a 4.11 or a 4.55 - I wouldn't advise an ovedrive for
serious racing as it uses valuable brake horse power.
There are two sets of close ratio gears available, the GT6 set which is very
close or a Marina 1800 set which is in between, there are ways of having a
heavy duty gearsets built into non overdrive gearboxes but I would strongly
advise dealing with Canley Classics for all these queries in any case - and
they are the only source left for the big diff 4.55 crown wheel and pinions.
John Kipping