fot

RE: Brake MC sizes?

To: "'Hugh Barber'" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: RE: Brake MC sizes?
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 17:18:13 -0700
I tried a proportioning valve instead of a bias bar in an H Production
Rabbit years ago, and didn't like the result. The  rear brakes felt more
jumpy--that is, they don't seem to get force applied to them smoothly, but
rather in jerky increments. It could be that proportioning valves have
been greatly improved since then, but I notice that most race cars at the
high end of preparation use a bias bar instead. For example, my Radical
came with a cockpit-adjustable bias bar. There may be other reasons why
this seems so popular, but proportioning valves seem like a far simpler
solution than a bias bar, I'd assume that if they worked equally well
there would be no call for bias bars at all.