fot

Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix
From: "Jeff Snook" <jsnook@wcnet.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 09:41:02 -0400
To follow up on Russ Moore's posting yesterday about the PVGP.

I have run this event the last two years in my Lotus XI and highly recommend
it.  The only problem is, the weekend is always the same weekend as the BRIC
at Elkhart Lake.  But it is an wonderful weekend with as many spectators as
the BRIC, but without the expense and hassle.  The entry fee last year was
only $160 and lunches and one dinner are included.

If you have heard of this event you know it is held on city streets in
Schenley Park which they close off on Friday night for the races on Saturday
and Sunday.  It is just like in "z olden days," as Burt would say, hay bales
around the immoveable objects, drainage culverts, curbs, stone walls, and
paddock parking on a dead end street with all the race cars parked along the
curb!

I have contacted the race chairman, Ralph Steinburg, and he will allow our
2,188 cc TRs as long as they are not all tricked out with flares, slicks,
gutted interiors, etc.  They want cars that look like they raced in the period
of the late 50s and early 60s.

It is not a track to run 10/10ths on, but really a fun circuit and a great low
keyed event!  If you are interested and have any questions, just let me know.
I have a in-car video of a lap around the circuit, contact me off list and
I'll email it to you.

Vroom, vroom,

Jeff Snook
http://www.snooksdreamcars.com