fot

Tappets

To: fot@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Tappets
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 12:11:14 -0400
OK, I'll admit to being a sucker for all sorts of gimmicks...I mean ah er, I'm
always looking for that competitive edge...anyway, in the latest Motorsport mag
there's an ad for composite lifters from JM Automotive or some such. Has anyone
tried any of these units? The concept sounds good as I've never quite believed
that 2 similar metal faces under extreme pressure would just happily "glide"
across each other, but in acutality this could be just another case-o-snake-oil.

Anyone used these thing? Heard of anyone using them? Know of a guy whose
cousin's nextdoor neighbors brother-in-law swears by them?

I need a lift...
    Nick in Nor Cal