fot

RE: Finding what you aren't looking for

To: "'Mark J Bradakis'" <mjb@autox.team.net>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Finding what you aren't looking for
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 20:56:51 -0700
Truth is, the dinosaur lives. Yes the Japanese build the sweetest bike
engines in the world, and they are astonishingly perfect--but they don't
need anyone, and the japanese are starting to understand why that's
important.

We love our goofy british cars for just that reason--and that's why they
are preserved and raced with remarkable pleasure. I raced Peyote today,
and the all the pixie dust is back in the car. It slides and slithers
through the turns just like it always did. This afternoon I lost it--knew
it was gone too far to gather it back up, so it just did it for me. Anyone
who has had a car do that for them knows how special that is. I take care
of it, and it takes care of me. The best is yet to come.