fot

RE: changing spitfire gear sets

To: "'Aaron Johnson'" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>, rocky@tri.net,
Subject: RE: changing spitfire gear sets
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 13:32:28 -0700
Wow, 3.89 sounds really tall for a little motor. Aren't you guys running
in the 8000 RPM region? I'm running a 3.9 on Peyote--was running 4.1 but I
was lifting before the end of the straight--more from nervousness than
real need. With a steel crank I suspect these TR3/4 motors can spin to
7500. I use 6500 as a limit. I miss the 4.1 driving out of corners, and
I'm in second more often than before, but it's good overall. Probably adds
three more shifts per lap at the two tracks I run most. That's probably at
least half a second I need to make up with better ratios.