fot

Re: Tube Benders

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tube Benders
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 16:46:03 -0600 (MDT)
Gee, funny you should ask.  I've been considering getting a bender for
some winter work on various roll cages.  One option is this one:

  http://www.lowbucktools.com/hydbender.html

The one I've been thinking of is a Model 3 from JD Squared:

  http://www.jd2.com

As I recall, getting set up to do the size needed for the Spitfire cages
would have cost me about $450 or so.  The expensive part would probably
be all the welding supplies I'd go through practicing, until I trusted
my welding on a cage!

A discussion of various tube benders can be found in the April, 2003
shop-talk archive at http://www.team.net/archive (browse by month, don't
search)

mjb.