fot

Re: Ventilated blocks

To: Gt6steve@aol.com
Subject: Re: Ventilated blocks
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 19:26:29 -0600
Gt6steve@aol.com wrote:

> Amici,
> I've got a freshly prepped block that suddenly developed about a 2x2" hole on
> the electrical side.  Does anyone have an opinion to share on reusing it?  I
> was half-assed talking about putting a Lexan window in it just for fun.
> I'm thinking of lining the interior with aluminum foil and pouring an epoxy
> to rebuild the wall.  Maybe put some mesh into it for structure.  I don't
>doubt
> the epoxy compounds are capable these days but in the long run it's not worth
> having trouble with it at the track.  What are your thoughts?
> SteveSmith

Huh? Suddenly developed a hole? I think this requires some further explanation
(that might help with suggestions about
repairs).

Is this to mean that it rotted through, or has the block been run, and this is
a piece that fell out from cracking?

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance.