fot

Another Vented block

To: "Friends of Triumph" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another Vented block
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 22:12:41 -0400
I raced at Watkins  Glen this past weekend in the SCCA double there.
I raced with with the SCCA's Historic Series.  I got to meet Bill
Emery who was also racing there with his TR3 in E Production.
Saterday was on and off rain and we qualified in the rain.  I managed
to be 3rd on the grid out of a 46 car field.  I left the rain tires on
for the race, due to watching the local radar and not a drop fell
during the race.  I did a lot of sliding around on the rain tires on
the nearly dry track.  They held up well for the first half of the
race, but got too greasy later and I had to settle for a 5th in class.

Sunday we had sun all day and I qualified 5th overall and 2nd in
class.  2 or 3 laps into the race, just before the braking zone for
the chicane, my engine decided it needed additional ventilation in the
manifold side of the block, near the #1 cylinder.  I have not had the
chance to tear into it yet.  I will let the group know what I find
when I get it torn down.  Joe(B)